Wilderlands Age of Worms
The following are things the party has learned, most of which relate, more or less, to the plot of the adventure path:
- About Orichalans, originally a background handout for Matt’s Orichalan character, Taros, this contains some historical context relevant to the campaign backstory.
- The Chronicle of Chan, which Master Penkawr obtained from the Great Library in Tula and loaned to Anmor for further study. A first-hand account of the Wind War of Night’s Dawning, which took place more than 6,500 years ago.
- Balabar Smenk’s Letter to Filge, which instigated the party’s investigation of the Triad of Sixes.
- Etchings found on the walls of the Dark Cathedral beneath Rastingdrung. Anmor has translated some, but not all, of them.
- Theldrick’s Journal, which reveals details about how the Triad of Sixes came to Rastingdrung and gives some hints about their plans.
- Grallak Kur’s Scroll, written in Elf blood, contains the first mention of an “Age of Worms.”
- The Faceless One’s message to Theldrick, which was encoded to annoy Theldrick. The party found the key to decoding it after defeating the Faceless One.
- On Shoggoths and the Worms of the Outer Darkness, summarizing what the party had learned as of the end of Session 8 about these creatures.
- The Death May Die Lyrics, which were sung (over and over) by the Triad of Sixes bard in Badquen. This wasn’t an actual handout, but I certainly spent enough time emphasizing there was a relationship between these lyrics and an earlier handout/knowledge check that they deserve to be here.
- The Rain Barrel Man’s Rant, which also was not an actual handout, but is simply too much fun not to be here.
- A missive written with a strange alien hand, which led the party to conclude (correctly) that the doppelgangers who were plaguing them were getting their orders from someone else (and also led several of them to their doom).
- Zyrxog’s Ledger, which indicated that Loris Raknian, director of the arena in Tula, was up to no good (including hiring a mind flayer to murder the party).
- The bloodstained note found in Eligos’ study, atop a bundle of papers containing the results of Eligos’ research into the Age of Worms.
- The many many things about the Age of Worms that Manzorian told the party during Session 21, which ties together many of the previous handouts.
- Fragments from the journal of the missing wizard Balakarde, handed over to the party by Professora Lashonna Laggan.
- What the party should do to prevent the Age of Worms, in the opinion of Lashonna.